Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Location, location, location

Kool Aid

I am about to participate, pro bono, in a Global Initiative: placing an identical, temporary Objet d?Art in hundreds of cities. (No, it's not The Puppy nor the well-deserved 300 metre tall solid-gold statue of George W. Bush, our Saviour.)

Nevertheless, it seems that with VS I cannot control the location and Sun position: I'd very much like to be able to generate the files programmatically: new file, new city, place the object and then render at a specific, local date and time, save.

I'm quite happy to generate the resulting Google Earth files, although I would not mind if I could have the reference point scriptable, too.

But I digress: if anyone knows how to set these variables, my young friends and I would be extremely thankful to him or her for sharing the information.

Of course it won't go anywhere, but only lost causes are worth fighting for.

EDIT

Oh dear: we cannot use long/lat coordinates, because Maryland is a part of the Flat Earth.

Edited by Kool Aid

It has indeed. So does Set Sun Position.

The values are somewhere, but undocumented, most likely unaccessible and without appropriate data strucures.

Now, we have a host of Prefences ? global, file-related and object-related. By and by. NNA reveals those. Slowly and without any useful explanations.

What, in your most informed opinion does this mean

Lat./Long. vs XY Flag

True or False

ObjectVariableBoolean

and what can we do with it?