can't locate Vectorworks Essential Tutorial Manual Movies

Hello all,

I've recently purchased and installed several tutorial manuals from Vectorworks (by Jonathan Pickup & Gregg Hillmar). I believe I followed the installation instructions correctly, but when I'm reading the PDF manual on my screen, 1) there are no listings/icons telling me when to play a movie and 2) the movies are not in my Vectorworks Essential Folder on my desktop. So when I choose the movie from my movies folder I'm never sure that I'm playing the one designated for that module. They're just numbered. I'm certain at times that they aren't the the correct movies. I would love to get the movies for each manual into its corresponding folder. Finally, I can't even locate the movies using "Finder" on the single CD/DVD that came with the "Essential Manual."

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Anthony

This problem only seems to occur with a Macintosh. When you double click on the manual PDF file, it often opens with Apple Preview. For some reason, Preview does not display the movie icons.

the answer is to open the manual with Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will display the movie icons and it will play the movies. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you should download it from the Internet, it is available for free from http://www.adobe.com/

The movies are embedded into the PDF file. You can't find them anywhere on the CD, you have to open the manual with Acrobat Reader to see them. Use Acrobat to read the manual and play the movies, use Vectorworks to open the exercise files and carry out the exercises.