Workflow

For example here - watch the video from min 16:45 ...

But I guess - whole concept of Spaceclaim is remarkable

When NNA announced they were going to use the Parasolid engine, I was very optimistic because I assumed vw was going to go this (Spaceclaim) kind of route. Although Spaceclaim is a mechanical engineering tool, the ideology behind it is far superior to vw's current implementation of the Parasolid engine.

What makes SpaceClaim an excellent modeler and what makes ArchiCAD an excellent BIM tool is their workflow. Their workflow is smooth, clean, professional and well thought out.

ArchiCAD for example was meant to be BIM from day 1. MiniCAD on the other hand was a 2D program with a couple of modeling and architectural tools. Instead of re-thinking a better workflow, NNA is now trying to twist their outdated MiniCAD workflow into a BIM workflow. This simply just doesn't work. The workflow has to be re-engineered and re-thought from Scratch-it has to be new and original.

I can see the route NNA taking and it's not a good one and I'm so dissappointed. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and I hope NNA proves me wrong by somehow coming up with a well thought out and more current workflow. Spaceclaim should be set as the benchmark.