2010 New vbvisual plant

?Quickly? is a relative term. I was kicked out of the beta testing without reason or explanation, so I only saw the June beta, with one species. It was a wild thing and made my heart sing!

It'll be interesting to see what species/prototypes will be available. Like Populus nigra?

However, I would not want to model a better Kew Botanic Garden or a forest with it. The (XFrog) image props are still very much faster.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4388/seeingtheforest.png

Made with image props and my Forest Simulator PIO.

• 2 weeks later...

With most rendering programs you have to buy content to suit your specific needs - Cinema 4D, Artlantis, Piranesi etc.

If all of the VBvisual plant content was included in Landmark + Renderworks the price would have to be higher to cover the cost and then there would be users complaining about having to pay for content they don't use. Better to provide the capability and let users choose and pay only for the content they need.

With most rendering programs you have to buy content to suit your specific needs - Cinema 4D, Artlantis, Piranesi etc.

If all of the VBvisual plant content was included in Landmark + Renderworks the price would have to be higher to cover the cost and then there would be users complaining about having to pay for content they don't use. Better to provide the capability and let users choose and pay only for the content they need.

I think this is one of the best concepts introduced to VW in a long time! Hopefully it will be expanded.

I have a really hard time with prospective users who, to get wall styles, two-way worksheets and IFC, have to buy tons of McMansion-crap. They don't want to spend money in useless American doors, windows, stairs, bell towers, title blocks, issue management systems etc etc. and thus subsidise the tiny minority of users.