Wall direction

Hi, sorry two more basic questions unable to find answers to.

1) What is the significance of wall direction. I notice they don't join well if in opposite directions. Is the idea to have them travel around the drawing in a common direction and if so why?

2) I am on a Mac and using button three on the mouse for zooming. I cannot find a control over the zoom speed for this in either VW2009 preferences or Apple system preferences. It is quite twitchy and I would like to tame it a little.

Thank you

David

David, 1) Wall directionality is useful for applying textures. If you create a wall style which has an exterior siding texture on its left side, then it will make sense to keep all of the walls oriented such that their left sides face outward (or draw the walls in a clockwise path, same thing). Other than that I am unaware of any other reason for the left/right (or reverse sides). I will need to check your observation regarding joining. I have never noticed a correlation, but you never know... 2) There is indeed no setting in the VW's pref's for speed of zoom. There are however a couple settings in the Mac/System Pref's/ Keyboard & Mouse / Mouse dialog. Not sure whether they have any reign over zooming speed, but you might tinker around and let us know.