Title Blocks

doday

Just wondering if there is a general consensus on creating your title block as a symbol ect or making it part of your generic template (if that's what you all do). Also curious as to how you append the info in the block; eg, if you leave filler info in the template and fill it out for each job or there is a different process other people do.

Hopefully I can get a better idea how to do it - I don't even have mine as a symbol right now...

Thanks!

No, Haven't seen that one. Will look at it shortly.

One particular issue I am having is where I paste my titleblock onto my design layer and it all sits on its own layer and class (both called tb) and continue on with plotting then create a viewport of the rig on a sheet layer and then go back and create another viewport of the titleblock (i don't use the key to instrumentation, it's too messy for my needs - i just want to use a single symbol with my own text) so i have that then a symbol of the fixture. problem is when i put that viewport on the sheet layer, the fixture symbol isn't there (even if it's on the same layer/class).

any ideas? better ways to do it?

thanks.

• 1 month later...

I am fairly confident that I am going to be purchasing Vectorworks 2009 - after using the demo I think it will fit my needs well.

I am still running the demo version of the software. With it I created a title block and attached a Record Format to it with 29 data fields. (The help documentation was excellent.)

I did not format the fields to use with Issue Manager and opted to use the VW Fundamentals compatible format.

When invoking the 'Edit Title Block' utility from the 'Object Info pallet' on the 'Shapes' tab I only get 28 of my 29 Fields for editing however. I can't seem to find any information regarding a 28 field limit.

Is this limit restricted to the demo version of VW2009 or is this 28 field limit a result of something else?