export to VW 2008

I had to export a ktichen layout from VW2009 into a VW 2008 version. I did it, but when I tried to open the file in VW 2008 it said it was an "unrecognized file" . Does anyone have any sugguestions as to what went wrong ?

(PS: for several reasons, I did this layout in VW2008 but discovered the cabinet drawer and door handles did not seem to work properly in VW 2008, but they do work in VW 2009. So I did the ktichen in VW2009 then exported .... without success).

I have had all sorts of problems with this. Mine typically just shuts down vectoworks when I try to start it. I talked to tech support about it and narrowed it down in my case to a very specific problem. When they changed rendering engines from 2008 to 2009 a lot of the solid additions that I had in 3d symbols do not play well in 2009. So things that may of been an addition converted to a generic solid are the problems in my case. I found this out by saving the file with a new name and deleting half of my classes and trying the export and so forth to determine what it was and it was not at all fun.

Hopefully this helps.

Matt