Window vs Window in Wall

Dear all,

I'm struggling with my windows insertions and really don't understand what to do.

So here is my problem : i insert a window in a wall ("Use Wall Depth" checked). It's all ok. I duplicate this window and move the duplicated one on the same wall. In the Info Palette, the "Window in Wall" object sudently becomes a simple "Window" (Use Wall Depth still checked).

So, here is my simple question : why ? (why the duplicate becomes a simple window and doesn't stay a "window in wall" ?).

Next question : what can i do to keep it like the first one ?

Another problem : When i insert a window in a wall, the exterior face of the window always goes on the wrong side of the wall (the interior one). I had a "flip" button once. But now, everytime i insert a window, this button doesn't show up.

Same question : why.

Same Subidiary question : what can i do to get this button back ?

Any help greatly appreciated...

I becomes a window because it does not like to have two identical objects at exactly the same position.

As you drag the window to its new location, make sure you keep the tip of the mouse pointer inside the wall. When you release it at the new location, it should go back to being a Window in Wall.

If that does not work, then drag it away from the wall and then back in. Make sure the mouse pointer is inside the wall so it becomes a Window in Wall.

Also make sure that the Wall Insertion Mode option of the 2D selection tool is turned on or it will not snap into the wall.

In VW2009, you can use the Create Similar Object tool rather than duplicating and moving the window.

If you have a Window in Wall, you should have a Flip button. If you just have a Window, you won't have the Flip button.