Problems With Changing and applying new Fills and Textures to Doors and Ext

I have changed a fill colour from brown to blue on some doors in top-view and the colour changes, but when I view it in 3d and render it in OGL the colour remains brown. I have gone through the class settings and the object info is set to render none and the classes set to fill/blue. I have changed the colour of other doors and windows in the same layer with no problems, just click and change the colour but this door just wont have it?

I also have some extrudes that I have tried to apply a texture to but they will only render with the fill colour. Again I have gone though the object info render and class settings but no luck. Any ideas?

Macbook Pro

VWD 2009

Edited by Carl Newton

Some settings that have tricked me before: texture can be set through the class itself, or by selecting the object and applying texture through the OIP, or (I believe, never done this personally) by dragging a texture directly on to the object from the resource browser. I don't know which overrides which though.

An extrude (or other solids) need a solid fill to show texture in renderings.