Information from a record in a title block into a form?

I have a record format. I call it TitleBlock. I have fields like P_Project Title 1 and such that are linked to fields on my various symbols of title blocks so I can use them globally across my drawing with the drawing border tool. All good on that part.

What I want to be able to do is take the information on that that is subscored with the P_ for my project that is constant and place it in a worksheet I am making. I typically will send out forms about my project to certain people letting them know who is who and all that. I also have made a form that is not smart with contact information on it that I place on a cover page of my drawing packet. A lot of that information is repetitive to information in my title block so I am thinking I can save myself a step if I can make them talk.

I have put a little effort into this, but am missing the target on how to do it. One thought was make a worksheet and just put =P_Project Title 1 and that didn't work and similar options have failed as well. What do people think. Can this work?

Matt

I use worksheets in combination with the drawing border to set the number of pages, page number, page name and scale. It works like you say, but you will not see the update directly. The drawing boarders need to be redrawn. They are pio's and have to be reset. You can reset them by using my command 'DUpdateTitleBlocks' even if you don't use the options to fill in fields automaticly, this will just update the drawing boarders. Or you can make a script yourself just for updating the drawing boarders pios.

I hope it's understandeble what I say.

Would it be crazy to ask if you could send me an example?

I use your D Title Block took all the time and it is a great tool by the way. Thanks a bunch.

I just cannot seem to get this without making it a database.

Matt

You can do two thing:

1. work with a worksheet.

If you want to show information about the title blocks in a cel, you'll need to use the following formula: 'record name'.'field name' where record name is the name of the record used for the title blocks and field name the field you want to show. When you change the info in the worksheet, and use DUpdateTitleBlocks to force a reset on the pio's, the changed info will be updated in the drawing borders. This is handy if you want to adjust many thing in once so you don't need to switch from layer to layer.

The only downside to it is that when you have 'P_...' information you want to edit, you'll have to change it in the worksheet for all cells for the drawing borders.

2. Make the main form a title block.

When you make the main form a symbol with the needed text related to the title block record, you can use it in a drawing border. The drawing border has an option to only show the title block, so you can use the drawing border to just show the symbol for the main form. The good thing about this is that when you edit this information in the main form, it will be updated in all drawing borders in the drawing, so it's better than using a worksheet. You can make all the needed forms into symbols, place them in a drawing border, use the option to just show the title block, and you have forms that react like the title block in a drawing border.

I hope its understandable.