Door Schedule how to show only 1 of multiple doors

We are trying to figure out a way to show only 1 instance of multiple doors on a schedule.

We have a floor plan that has 6 different door types, but each type may have 2 or 3 instances or locations. We want to have a door schedule that only shows each door type once.

Tried the SUM option in the worksheet, which works for the door ID, but it causes the Width and Height to be added.

So, lets say for door type 1, if it is 3'-0" wide and we have 3 instances of it, the width show 9'-0" wide?

Is there any work around to say only show once?

Insert a new column and put in a formula of =count in the database header row. I am going to assume for this sample that it is in column C and the database header is row 4.

Modify the formula for the width and height to something like:

='door'.'width'/C4

This will give you the average width of the doors. If they are all the same width then you get back just the width of one.

So we figured out that if you use the SUM command on the Door Width column it will give us the correct results.

So it must have been taking the first instance it found and dividing that number only. So for instance if we had 7 doors that were 5'-0" wide, it was dividing 5'-0" by 7 giving us 8 5/8".

Unfortunately, it only allows us to use the SUM in 3 columns, so if we want more than 3 columns with dimensional door information, we can get it to work.

Tried the SUM option in the worksheet, which works for the door ID, but it causes the Width and Height to be added.

So, lets say for door type 1, if it is 3'-0" wide and we have 3 instances of it, the width show 9'-0" wide??

A simpler method is to add the SUM function to the WIDTH and HEIGHT columns too. But, you can only use the SUM function on 3 columns max. If you need to sum more than 3 columns you'll need to use Pat's method.

I tried using the formula =(Door.DoorWidth)/COUNT but it didn't have any effect, while using Pat's method worked fine. I can't figure out why that didn't work. Its simpler than creating another column that I don't want in the schedule.