Trying to find the Origin.....?

Do you have Show Grid turned on in the Grid Constraints? Do you have the Grid set to a reasonable value for the scale you are working in ?

When I turn on the grid, I get a blue grid showing the X/Y (Z perpendicular to the grid plane) in both 2D and 3D with the 0,0,0 point at the center of the grid.

If I set a working plane, I get a pink grid showing the I/J axis (K perpendicular to the grid plane) of the current working plane.

It does not tell which axis is which. That might be a nice wish list item.

I kind of find a visible grid distracting when i'm drafting(at least in plan view) so i never have it showing.

I just like to keep track of where i am at all times because i regularly toggle views and do orbit rotations while drafting and i would like to keep track of where i am (preferably just a little symbol that's there in the corner of my eye all the time for reference)

In a way you did solve it Pat thanks!

I think i found a solution that'll work for me.....by creating a reference grid with a very large size i basically only see 2 lines coming from the origin (if i start drawing near the origin that is), that'll do :), the way the grid is displayed in 3D is just fine, i'll skip the wish list entry, i think our beloved developers have more important things to concentrate on!

I discovered on the other hand that when you rotate your plan, a symbol (of the type i was looking for) does appear.