Lost Section Viewport

I've lost my section VP and when looking at the Organizer window find that it is impossible to see if the location of the image is indicated. How does one correlate the VP's listed on the Organizer to locations of VP images?

How do I regenerate viewports that have been deleted?

How is a section viewport moved and regenerated?

Thanks.

1) Turn on all classes (option-click the "visible" column of the class organization list) to be sure you didn't class it into oblivion.

2) Double clicking on the viewport's name in the organization pallet will take you to it.

3) Deleted viewports are gone, unless you can undo back to point you deleted them.

4) The viewport is an object. Grab it and move it. If you mean the section LINE, then you can move it on any the viewports where it is visible, and then update the section viewport that it points to. I've never been able to duplicate a section line and have it point to a valid section viewport, however.

Thanks, Chad.

Point one is well taken.

#2 doesn't work. When I double click on the VP name I get the Properties Pallet. That function may be an upgrade to 2009.

#3 I take it then, the section line must be reinserted in the VP to regenerate a section. In this case I'm moving the VP section in a stair in order to show both flights. I am finding that moving the section line from one flight to the other does not alter the viewport section. Seems like this should work even in 2008.

re: #2- try right clicking or option-clicking, and choose "Activate" from the contextual menu?

re: #3- I'm not sure what you mean by "regenerate". If you have a section viewport tied to a section line instance, the section viewport will need updating if it is hidden line or otherwise rendered, if you move the section line. Try hitting "update" on the section viewport?

The easiest way to be sure you are getting a good section viewport is to select your source VP, and then the menu command for "create section viewport", drawing a fresh section line.

Chad:

I figured out that it's the Navigator palette that yields the VP when the name of the VP is dbl clicked, not the Organizer palette - thanks, a big help.

Regarding #3, I have been doing interior elevations and have taken your advice and drawn a fresh section line when in doubt. But this does bring me to more difficult subject. Since I am not able to model this building with complete accuracy, I have been depending a "convert copy to line" of the section VP to clean up the image and complete the difficult little intersection details. The problem is once the VP is converted to line you are no longer in the original architectural scale. This is a problem in any event but a real killer when trying to finish something like a complicated stair. How do you handle this?