Avoiding duplicates in Reports

visard

If record bearing symbol is placed on the annotations layer of a viewport and a large scale detail is created, the record bearing symbol copies are seen as a new object thus producing unwanted and false tallies in the report. How is this to be avoided?

Also, I've got a report which can no longer read the data of a finish schedule. The spread sheet sees enough to produce an array but all cells have '0's in them. How do I reestablish the connection between data and the report?

Finally, I have a third schedule (report) that does not list several categories of the data base format?

Any help is appreciated.

Item 1 is easy. Edit the criteria to add an additional criteria that excludes items on sheet layers from the tally. Or do it the other way and add a criteria that specifically lists the layers you want to count on.

Item 2 is trickier. Show the Database Headers and check the formulas. Are they referencing the correct record? Are they referencing anything at all.

Item 3 we need more information. What do you mean by categories and what data base format are you talking about? A database row in a worksheet normally references a record format that is attached to an object. In the case of a Plug-in Object (PIO), the Plug-in record is hidden, but can be seen in the criteria editor and some (or all) of the fields may show in the OIP.

Give some more information and I will see what I can do to help.

Thanks for responding, Pat.

#1 is resolved. I used the same sheet layer for my large scale VP detail requested by a consultant which caused the problem. I had to hunt down the duplicates by removing all links I could find, hence I'm working on Saturday. I found that cropped VP's don't eliminate the information which is not visible. From your comments I see that it would be better to segregate all duplicate VP's to their own layer.

#2 YES, the field header had somehow, did I do that?, been changed to reference "finish schedule" and when changed back to finishRECORD the schedule shows the proper data.

#3 I realize that I altered the record format after linking door symbols to it. Those additional column categories/fields are missing from the report. I have, brutally, unlinked all doors and am reestablishing links to the edited record format - what would be a better way to edit the record format after the fact?

I really do appreciate your efforts, Pat.