Placing a window that spans two floors

I need to set a window in a stairwell. The sill is just below (about 14") the top of Floor 1 and the head is well into the middle of Floor 2. When I place the window and set the proper size and altitudes, the result is that the second floor wall renders straight through the window.

How can I avoid this? Must I manually edit that particular second floor wall section and cut out a hole for the bit of window that intersects it?

Am I missing a method that might be simpler?

Thanks!

Edited by mr. iagea

You either need to let that Floor 1 wall run tall, so that the window is fully within that wall, or vice versa,

or

Cut out a hole in the upper or lower wall, as you describe.

I don't believe a window can be 'insterted' into more than one wall at a time, but it would be nice.

Pat Stanford had a post about this recently, yes, you cut out the upper wall.

If you want the window to show in the upper floor plan, you insert it in the upper floor and take a bite out of the lower wall - which might be better in your case when the window is on a landing/stair.

Wouldn't it be cool if the 3d model detected objects like this, and automatically wrapped walls around?