Top/Plan View vs. Rendering Modes in SLVP

Gytis

I'm wondering why I cannot seem to use OpenGL for Background Render, Wireframe for Foreground Render and STILL keep View set to Top/Plan.

I've attached two grabs of the part layouts I'm working with--there are various PIOs whose dimensions disappear when the View switches to Top. The dimensions still visible in OpenGL are from decomposed PIOs.

Any help/explanation is appreciated.

grabwireframe.png

grabopengl.png

Top/Plan is a special view where the 2D aspect of hybrid objects live. Because it is intended to show the 2D part, it is always in Wireframe. If you try to render, it will automatically change the view to Top.

Maybe it isn't supposed to be this way, but it is.

Could you maybe use two stacked viewports to get what you want? Put an OpenGL in the back and a wireframe in the front?

Top/Plan is a special view where the 2D aspect of hybrid objects live. Because it is intended to show the 2D part, it is always in Wireframe. If you try to render, it will automatically change the view to Top.

I kinda have resigned myself to this being the case. Still, thanks for the confirmation of the undesired. :/

Could you maybe use two stacked viewports to get what you want? Put an OpenGL in the back and a wireframe in the front?

Yes, but a bit of an aggravating workaround, especially prone to error, especially with a lotta layout sheets. I'll give it a whirl.