Worksheet/schedule formatting

wvancampen

I created a record format and a worksheet/schedule derived from it, and then formatted the cells to my liking.

I then changed the record format by adding a new field to it, and edited the schedule format to add it.

When I created the updated schedule and was warned the schedule already exists, both the choices "Rename new schedule:" and "Overwrite the existing schedule" reflected the new field, but deleted all my formatting efforts (alignments, borders, etc).

Shouldn't there be some way to revise record formats without affecting all the worksheet/schedule formatting?

If you use the Create Schedule command, it imports a worksheet from a file in the Libraries:Defaults:Report-Schedules folder, either in the Vectorworks applications folder, or your User:Library:Application Support folder.

If you modify the formating of the schedule and you want to use the modified format, you need to save a file with the worksheet in location specified above in your User folder. Then it will be available for your use in other files.

If you only want to modify the worksheet in the current file, you have to manually go in and edit the worksheet rather than using the Create Schedule command.

Ask if you have more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a related question.

How does one go about formatting the text (font face, size, etc.). As per usual, VW doesn't seem to do this in a consistent manner (i.e.: select the worksheet (once placed on the drawing), then select the text and finally select the desired formatting.).

eh?

EDITED: Never mind...I found it...yes, in a place I didn't expect it to be (drat that naturally intuitive mind of mine!).

Edited by mr. iagea

All formatting of worksheets is done in the worksheet window, not on the worksheet image placed on the drawing.

If you have the worksheet on the drawing, double click it to open the worksheet.

Select the cells you want to set to a certain text style.

Click the black down facing triangle to show the worksheet popup menu and choose Format Cells... Select the Font pane. Pick your Font, Size, Style and Color from the Format Cells Dialog box and click OK.

Other formating of cells is done similarly.