Finding objects in a class

Does anyone know of a way to find out which objects have which class? I'm tying to remove some unused classes, and one or two come up with the error about re-defining objects. Problem is, I can't see which objects have the attribute applied. I've tried turning off the visibility of all the other classes in an attempt to see what was remaining on the document, but nothing showed up.

Is there a tool similar to "Purge unused objects" that allows you to see which classes are actually assigned to objects and then which objects?

That might seem like a lot, but both Illustrator and Freehand have this ability.

Eh?

Thanks!

It is likely that the object in question are inside a symbol or group and the the container object has a different class. That means that when you go Active Only, you never see them.

One way would be to make a worksheet. Put in a database criteria of All Object (or if you already know the class you are interested in, Class is ....). Put a formula of =C to display the class of each object and then drag a sort tile to that column.

Right click (or control click) in the row header (4.1, 4.2 etc.) of an object in the class you are interested in and Select Item. The layers/classes will be changed and the object in question will be shown at the center of the drawing window.