Printing with SP2, Epson 3800 does not work?

jfitch

Question

Just installed Epson 3800 Stylus Pro, trying to print from Vectorworks. Sometimes small pages will print (US Letter size). Have not been able to print a US C size. Print monitor says "printing" briefly, then "completed" but nothing comes out. Print the same view to a PDF and print from Preview, works fine. Other applications work fine. VectorWorks 2008 seems to have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro Intel, 10.5.5, print driver 6.11.

4 answers to this question

Not that anyone is listening, but some additional info:

Problem does not seem to occur in a newly created VW 2009 file. Also perhaps not in a file updated from VW 2008. However if the file is older (I have a file originally created in Modelshop 3, continuously upgraded, another created in 10 or 11 that exhibit the problem) then the problem occurs. If I take the same components and copy/past them into a new file, works fine.

While that might be a workaround, it is an extremely tedious one since to preserve the layering and class structure each layer must be individually pasted for each class - literally hundreds of operations.

Console print logs are unenlightening. It says "completed" every time - never an error. There is no difference in anything I can see when it works (new file with pasted data) and when it doesn't. Takes about the same amount of time, logs look identical. Only difference is, when it doesn't work, no paper comes out. Got calls into Epson, my guess is they are going to say since it works with every other application, it must be the app. Printing to the RIP server works (it prints through the same driver, the RIP server and driver are running on the same computer).