Aligning Viewports Across Sheets

Maybe I'm missing this, but is there a simple way to align VP's across sheet layers? In Design layers it's easy to turn on several layers and have some present greyed, so that different floors or objects can be aligned atop each other correctly.

I'm looking for a functionality similar to this for Sheet Layers. As it is now, when I want to place several floor plan viewports (one for floor plan, another for electrical, for example) on their respective sheets, and have them aligned in the same location on each sheet, I have to toggle back and forth between sheet layers and move the VP manually, which is a tedious and inexact process.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year!

charlie

Conceptually, a viewport is just a group of groups.

There is a crop group, an annotations group, and a Layers group.

Once you make a copy, there is no link between the original and the copy, they just happen to show the same thing.

Yes, if you already have crops and annotations, you will (may) have to go back and delete the information that is not applicable to the new use.

Cool. That makes a lot of sense. I have no trouble deleting annotations?it's nice to know what the VP's function is. Now I don't have to make a new VP every time I want another version of the same view. Thanks for the clear explanation of the VP. As always, great help, Pat. Best to you for the new year.