Aborted Accessory Insertion Freezes VW2009 SP1

I am running VW2009 SP1 Build 96841. I will be inserting accessories using the Spotlight Accessory Insertion Tool. In past versions of VW, if I accidentally dropped an accessory in the wrong place, or rotated it incorrectly, I would simply press escape and abort the process and start over - no problem. Now, though, if I press escape in between the three Insert Accessory Clicks (Placement, Rotation, Instrument Link), the whole application chokes. All of the sudden, subsequent symbol insertions do nothing, all menu options are grayed-out and no shortcut keys work! I have to save the file and restart Vectorworks to resolve the issue. Help!

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just took anopther look at the problem to be sure.

If you hit the esc you still may need to make a click in the drawing. (You should still see the bulls eye curssor) Once you click in the drawing you will either place the acc or see a warning message about clickiing on an instrument. VW is waiting for a click in the drawing and will not release to tool till it gets one.