printing problems

Im useing v 8.5.2 Im considering upgrading to v9 if the new version addresses the problem I have with old version-that is all placed images print -flipped (how annoying!) This only occures on my NEC superscript 870-- all other printers are fine-tech support was no help at all with this issue- they blamed it on NEC's drivers-NOT!

If anyone has any imput I would be gratefull--

BTW-Ive been monitoring this board for a while trying to get a feel for the new version 9- whether to upgrade or not-Ive come to the conclusion that tech is too busy on the new version 9.1 to respond to any of the post...; )-

I presume you are referring to the "rotated text" problem which cropped up with VW 8.5.2. If so, VW 9 addresses this problem via the PRINT dialog box with the addition of the "Disable Driver Text Rotation" box. Click this option and text prints OK. At least it solved my problems on a Mac with an HP 870 printer. Be aware that VW9 is memory demanding so you should have at least 400MB on board RAM since you will need to asign it 250MB + if you expect to do any decent rendering work. Good luck.

quote:

Originally posted by DaveHi50:

Thanx RGyori,

I dont have a problem with text rotation-

my problem is with imported pict or images that are place on a page.

What version of windows are you using? the NEC superscript 870 has terrible support under NT4, but it's Windows9x support is halfway decent.

To me it really does sound like a driver issue with the printer and not VW. You can try and update your drivers at http://support.nectech.com/printers/ssnew/ss870/index.htm or you may want to try and use some kind of intermediary drint driver. You could install a postscript driver onto your system and print directly to a .ps file. Then you can send this to a software renderer such as GhostScript, or Adobe Acrobat Distiller which should then print your document correctly.

If that does fix the problem, then it certianly confirms that it is a NEC print driver issue.

-Matthew Giampapa