Roof Face Pitching Point Locate Problem

CS1

99% of the time I get this problem with the Roof Face Tool.

If I have already created a roof face and need to move the little bar that indicates the pitching point and pitching direction, I hover the mouse over the centre of the bar where the loci is, when I am directly over the top the mouse pointer changes to a diagonal line with an arrow each end, this indicates that I am over the loci and not off to the side slightly, I click and drag the bar to a datum on my page say a 2D line, I hover over the line till the word "object" pops up, this indicates that I am over the line and not off the the side slightly, I click again and the bar moves but is not over the line it is off to the side. I no how to snap to objects, I do it with every other tool, no matter how far I zoom in and try to get it more accurate the bar is never directly over the line.

Anyone know why this is?

Edited by CS1

Were you aware that the pitch indicator line of a roof face object is coincident with the bearing height? I often create a roof face without eaves (overhangs) in order to draw the indicator line directly along the exterior face of the wall. I then add overhangs using the Add Surface command. And if I need to move the roof face up or down I go to a side view and use the Move command...