Texture Import Crash

I've been experiencing a VW crash after importing new textures for mapping. These are small .jpeg or .tiff files 1-2 mb at most. I usually get one imported without issue. I'll import a second texture and get through all but the last prompt, then the program will crash while attempting to show the new texture in the resource browser. I am updated with SP3 in 2008, have PLENTY of ram etc. Anyone having this problem or know a solution?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello ED08:

Can you attach the image files to the post? What OS?

It would not be expected for the app to crash when importing 2MB image files.

Version 12 had a limitation of images less than 4096 pixels wide, but 2008 and 2009 do not have image width limitations.

Edited by Dave Donley
  • 2 weeks later...

The specific image file itself doesn't seem to matter (it will happen on many different jobs with different images).

I'm using OS X 10.5.1.

Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 w/ 5 GB ram.

I have VW SP 3 installed.

I'm seem to be noticing the crash when I have multiple applications running (by trail and error I've tried quitting a few it will crash alot less).

Have you heard of any application conflicts-excell or adobe acrobat to be specific?

I'm starting to suspect a problem with my machine and not a VW issue.

Thanks.