More Challenging worksheet question

MattG

Do you think this is a possibility.

I have in the past 6 months or so found how amazing worksheets can be in time saving. I have made a whole batch or worksheets I keep in my resource browser that count and tell me different information that I generally use on most projects.

Is there a way to make a master reference worksheet. For example all of my projects have a certain amount of information that is constant that I want to display. Like say a title block. The client is always the same within a drawing the date to be completed for me is typically the same, the account manager is the same so forth. Is there some way to possibly create a worksheet that I can use as say a project information sheet that I can fill out on every project. Then put on my other report worksheets and typically I have made pretty little headers with company info and project info on it. Can I have the cells in there reference back to the project worksheet? So I do not have to constantly update all my sheets, ideally they will be updated all together.

Finally, is there a date function on the worksheets. Where I can enter something and it will always update the date?

Matt

• 1 month later...

Matt,

Have you looked at the the discussion on Spreadsheets? I to find that the worksheets are a great asset when used in concert with the drawings. However I find them tedious due to the fact you always have to enter formulas data, etc to get the desired result. If you read the discussion Jeffrey has mention that he has an idea that maybe will be implemented into VWs. Personally I believe it would be great for VWs to have the ability to create folders and worksheet templates in the Resource Browser that fit your own personal needs. At this time the only way to do that is create a file with no drawings or objects in it and have your worksheets in the resource browser and add it to your favorites. Even then you can only polish a worksheet only to the extent that VWs allows.

Terry

It can be done.

You have a worksheet called ProjectInfo and one called FloorAreas

If you want info from ProjectInfo into FloorAreas you just use the formula: 'ProjectInfo':$A$1 Where A1 can be any cell you want. Use $ to be sure that when you alter the worksheet of FloorAreas that the formula will stay.

This way you can link worksheets together and split up the work in smaller worksheets which will be faster to work with and to organize.