RE: Muntin Configurations

C W

I've attached examples of what I'm trying to accomplish here. Example A is what I'm stuck with at the moment while B is the goal. With the door, I'd like to be able to place my muntins in different locations/configurations. Additionally, I was hoping to be able to place different munitn configurations in different sashes when customizing windows. Thanks for the help.

CW,

I hope that your vwx did not come though correctly, because if it did, you are going to have some very unhappy clients.

Maybe attach a PDF instead of the vwx file for demos like this.

For doors, you can create a VW file with custom 3D symbols for the door slab.

If you have Default Content turned on, when you go to Door - Settings - Part -- Slab and select Custom, you will get a pop up choice of all the 3D symbols in the default content for Door Slabs.

The location of the file is Libraries/Default/Door - Custom Leaves.

Draw the 3d Slab that you need and store it in a file in the above folder. Perferably the one in your user folder, not the one in the VectorWorks folder.

So you have to make it by hand, but you can start with the already done custom slabs and just edit the symbol.

I recommend not editing the existing file, but rather moving the ones you need to a new file you have made.

I think you may also have to restart VW to get it to recognize a new default content file after you create it.

For Windows it is a little harder. There is no way to create a "Custom Sash" for a window. If you need other muntin patterns, you can use the Use Symbol Geometry option from the General pane of Settings, but this symbol has to include all of the trim, etc. settings.

You can use the Window tool to make the window the way you want, then convert it to a group and make a symbol out of the group. Edit the symbol to add the muntin pattern you need and then insert another window and tell it to use the symbol geometry.

Pat