Allow symbols to be scaled

billtheia

3 answers to this question

I'd say "amen!" except I'm afraid that the result will be a new "scalable symbol" object that only shares some features of the existing symbol object (and some of the shared features will be implimented slightly differently)...and I fear that the features missing will be the ones I anticipated beng present when I set up my file.

Today, I just wish that worksheets were WYSIWYG instead of garbling my text when I print directly from the program rather than from a PDF.

Edited by brudgers

Yes!

Scale should be a property of all symbols, like x,y,& z. If you don't like it don't mess with it.

I'm still flabergasted that they don't scale. So much that I'll add an idea from other hybrid CAD.

Scale 2D & 3D separately.

I use this for lighting fixture symbols. A 4" opening recessed light in 1/8" scale is too tiny. Answer is to have the 2D symbol scale with the page scale(added twist) so that when you print the one room detail at 1/2" scale the fixtures look reasonable.

There are many other items that use symbols (often with text that must scale,) that bear no relation to the 3D elements. This is the strength of VW, please use it to it's logical extent.

The overriding goal of CAD is to never draw the same thing twice. Scale is integral to the fundamental concept of drafting. Parametrics are the road to true BIM. A parameter of "scale" is nesessary.