Door defaults

OK...DUH. Can someone please tell me how to set the defaults for newly placed doors? Currently, my doors always come in with sidelights, and I don't want that. I just want a normal swing door to be set when I select the door tool. if I want sidelights, I'll go add them later.

thanks!

charlie

Instead of using the Door tool each time you want a door use the resource browser to access Doors from a library file. If one of the existing library file doesn't have doors exactly as you want them spend a couple of hours making your own 'door' library file, and then add it to your browser favourites. Ditto for windows.

Then you will be able to choose the door or window exactly as you want it (or close to) each time very quickly and easily. Minor variations will also be easier to make because the door or window will already be mostly as you want it.

A little bit of effort in creating your own library files of doors, windows, wall styles, etc. can substantially improve your productivity.

Charlie,

Build the library...as Mike from OZ has suggested above. You can save many hours of quality creative design time by crunching through building your libraries as you design now. Just make sure you create some kind of file system so you can easily access your symbols later on.

Hard work + logic on the front end = time off basking in the sun drenched surf where Islandmon spends most of his productive day.

SymbolLibrary.jpg

Pete A.