Objects or symbol won't move to a different class

Christopher,

You have "Enable Auto-classing" turned ON. Go to the top menu ->

File > Document Settings... > Standard Naming...

In the subsequent dialog, uncheck the box next to "Enable Auto-classing".

Be aware that this completely turns off the ability of tools to automatically put their objects in the VW predefined classes. You will just have to make changes manually. If you turn it back on, you will get a dialog asking to "reorganize" everything to meet the Auto-classing standards. Be careful of your choice...

Ben,

I turned "Enable Auto-classing" OFF. That way I was able to get the "Demolition" class to stick to doors and windows. The only objects I converted were symbols that had been created with "None" class (e.g. toilets). Those were generally devolved into groups and reclassed.

I just have to be sure that "Enable Auto-classing" is not turned on, thus changing these objects.

I think the best solution would be a move toward "auto-classing" being tool/bject specific, rather than applied to the document wholesale.

Maybe it was just me then...I remember a demo'd toilet being a 2d poly and some rectangles for windows during my look at the project.

Since there's rarely a need to create before and after models, non-parametric demo info is probably less of an issue...

A toggle which allows classes and layers to be exempt from autoclassing might be enough to manage most situations efficiently...and would allow a variety of workflows.

My first choice would be a toggle for classes...since this is a class conflict.