Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Door and Window Worksheet/script

I have found that when I set customizeable parameters in the door and window user field PIO's there is no problem as long as I change only the "alternate name", and not the "name". The problem I have is that none of the script entered default values propagate the any of the items (doors and windows) on the worksheet, nor newly created items.

Changes to the defaults should not propagate to items already in the drawing. For that (assuming you have VW2008) use the Custom Modification command.

Once you insert a door or window into a drawing, the default parameters for that drawing are set (accessible through the Preferences button on the Mode bar). The changes you make in the PIO editor will only show up in new drawings.

If you want to use a VectorScript to change the defaults for the current document, try something like this which was posted to the VectorScript List back in 2005 by Gerard Jonker and Raymond Mullin

Thanks, Gerard.

Shorter is better. Then this should do it in one line.

Value := GetRField(getobject('recordname'), 'recordname', 'RecField');

Raymond

In a message dated 7/22/05 1:52:21 AM, post@JONKER-WU.NL writes:

Hi Sam and Raymond,

The same with a twist:

hr:=getobject('recordname');

Value := GetRField(getobject('recordname'), 'recordname', 'RecField');

Gerard[/Quote]

Pat