Reference File with Different Layer Scales

C W

What's the best approach to reference a file that has multiple layers in different scales? I don't believe this could be done with a design layer viewport but that would be my first choice. Just so you know, it's a detail sheet so I have my 1",1-1/2",etc arranged on a sheet together.

Edited by C W

Just tested and knew there was an issue I've run into with DLVP and multi-scale layers before. The problem is that once I have my several layers stacked as DLVPs, I need an individual SLVP in the same scale as each DLVP... correct? It just seems a like a lot of work to reference one file. Is this still the best approach for what I'm trying to achieve?

Yes, you are correct that you will need a different SLVP for every different scale you need. Is it the best way to proceed? It depends on what you are doing.

If these are truly details, then why do you need to have them at different scales in the source file? You could draw them all at 1/4", 3", or even 1:1 and then scale them as needed in the output file. If they are all at the same scale, then you can make SLVP's with crops as necessary to put the details you want at appropriate scales and arrange them correctly.

Or you could go back to the VW12 style referencing and actually import/reference the layers into the file. Then you could use these directly in a SLVP.

Pat