weird hatch like problem...

Hi all, I'm new on this forum...

I'm having real trouble with VW11 at the moment: whenever I open a file, the area above and to the side of the ruler is all blacked out with what looks like hatches, and if I want to print my drawing all the lines are printed out as what can only be described as hatches. Same if I try and pdf my drawing, and to make matters worse sometimes when I open a new file to create a drawing it opens up blacked out all over with hatches...

Apologies if this issue has already been posted, I tried to have a look but could not see anything remotely similar, although I'll have to confess maybe some of the technical lingo passed me by...

I am a mac user and my printer is a brother in case you'll need this.

Edit: and of course I have uninstalled and re-installed VW but to no avail. Argh!!

Thank you very much if you can help, I really need to be able to print my drawings to update my portfolio...

Oh, and if you need to ask me some questions please use plain english, I do not master all that techie lingo very well...

Edited by geekette

It is useful to forum responders for you to make a forum profile/signature with your system, VW and equipment info.

Try all the usual Mac things - restart, system maintenance, permissions repair.

If you didn't already, install first theVW11.0.1 update, then the VW 11.5 and finally the 11.5.1 update. All are available as free downloads at the VectorWorks general downloads site:

http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/fundamentals/index.php

Are you using Leopard? I do not know, but VW 11 may not work very well (or at all) with OS 10.5.x

This is strange behavior. I hope you get it resolved.

-B

Thanks for your replies... I'd be more than happy to show you what happens but I've no idea how to attach files to a post...

I am indeed a Leopard user, although I'll have to confess when I upgraded to Leopard I was not using VW so much (switched to AutoCAD for a while, sooooo sorry!) so did not notice if did happen as a result. But saying that I'm pretty sure it did not happen before... Part of me also thinks it could be to do with the printer's driver (something like that anyway...).

I did install the VW11.0.1 update and it made no difference, and cannot go beyond that as the link does not work...

Oh, and in case it matters when working on the same files on my pc at work I have no problem at all!

Thanks C W, fantastic!

I have actually discovered something else: I cannot even get VW12 as my mac is using PowerPC as opposed to Intel, and for some strange reason I do not have rosetta..... So I think my only option is to downgrade my operating system. It will be cheaper anyway. Great challenge for a non geek like me!!!

Eeeek.

VW 12 and 2008 work on power pc systems. Rosetta is an apple technology for running power pc code on intel processors. You don't have it because you are running on a power pc processor - hence it is not needed.

You can either upgrade VW or downgrade your system - both options are available.