Layers Unresponsive

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1.

I have Show/Snap/Modify Others selected for both Layers and Classes, and yet some layers will not respond to selection. If I activate a layer all layers can be selected in turn. When I switch to another layer, the last layer used is also responsive but the other layers cannot be selected.

I have been working with this file for some time and this problem did not exist in the past. Is there a way to "reboot" a file.

All for now.

Marc

Marc

I rarely turn my Mac off but I find Restart quite useful when it exhibits odd behaviour.

Repair Permissions may help if you are not in the habit of regular maintenance.

If it is a Mac problem, DiskWarrior is a good maintenance program, and MacJanitor is good if you switch your Mac off at night.

Marc

Also, the 3D selection tool (which changes to a Top View) is between the 2D selection tool and Flyover tool - it's really easy to hit it by mistake when you are just trying to deselect from an object. Suddenly the grid changes from blue lines to black, and as you say, nothing seems to work the way you want.

Glad to hear you solved it anyway.