Numeric Keypad Shortcuts for views

CS1

In the EDIT WORKSPACE pallete under STANDARD VIEWS there is a list of all the views and I can associate a new key to these, I already know that the numbers from the numeric keypad have been assigned to these but they are not showing up. Why is this?

The numeric keypad (but not the numbers across the top of the keyboard) is hard coded to change the views. So, I don't think there is any way to redefine what the keypad is used for.

In VW2008 if you have the floating data display set to automatically accept typing as data entry, I think it overrides the view change settings of the keypad.

Pat

Thanks for the kind words about the PodCad Podcast.

The options I was thinking of is called "Allow numeric keypad entry for instant data bar activation." I did not have VW up and running when I made my previous post.

With this option selected, if you start typing on the keypad, the first field is automatically selected in the data bar and you start entering data. With is turned off, you have to hit the tab key to start entering data.

I prefer to have it turned off so I can change views while I am in the middle of a drawing operation.

Pat