Saving Workspaces

CS1

I am using VW2008. In version 11.5 if you changed your WORKSPACE you could go to the VW11.5 folder on c:/ and find the workspace in the WORKSPACE FOLDER. In VW2008 i have gone to the WORKSPACe folder and there is only the standard WORKSPACES and not the one that I have renamed and altered. Am I missing something?

Please add a signature to your post with computer specs and VW version to make it easier to help. Click on My Stuff in the menu above, Choose My Profile and you can add it there. I'm guessing you are using Windows, preferences, plug-ins, workspaces, etc. are now stored in your user folder, there are many benefits to this.

Here is the path in Windows Vista

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\2008

Ray, the path you provide may work for your machine, but it is very different than the location NNA specifies for the user data.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\xx, where xx represents the current VectorWorks version number, and username refers to the name of the current user logged into the computer.

There should be folders there for Plug-Ins, Workspaces, Templates, and probably other things as well.

Pat