Rendering Door and Window Parts

ree

I've assigned styles of each of the parts of doors and windows, but when I do final render, they appear in grey. I can only get the objects to render by picking Render in the object info palette, but then all parts render in the same texture. What am I missing.

Thanks.

If the fill color is set to white, then the parts of the door/window will render gray.

Also make sure you've set styles for interior and exterior - it may be the style was only applied to the interior part of an object, such as trim, which you won't see from the outside view of a rendered model.

Katie,

Now my door is transparent, except for the stiles & rail, which are the rendered texture I picked in the object info/rendering section.

Also, you noted above "if the fill color is set to white, then parts of the door/window will render gray." What should the fill color be set to for both the class (i.e. "Door - Main") and the style? What should the render tab in object info be set to?

Where can I find instructions on using styles for rendering class components? I haven't had much luck w/ the help menu.

Thank you.

Set the color to the Style-# that's been assigned to the various parts of the door.

Do not use the Render tab of the OIP, or, as you've discovered, will render the whole object the same color.

If the door is transparent, either the fill of that style has been set to none or has been set to a glass (or other) transparent texture.

Basically, this is how styles work:

Objects like doors, windows, stairs, & cabinets have a style option.

You have the option to put various components of these object types in different style categories.

When you choose a style for a determined part of the object, a class with that style name is created in the document.

You can then go into the class list and set the object color (or texture) when editing the class.

If you've set an object component to the style "None", then the object component will take on the visibility / fill color / texture style set by the None class.

If you want to send the file, perhaps that may be easier for me to get you up and running.