nurbs roadways

please can someone help me.

i have been trying to insert a nubs roadway into my drawing since, oooh it feels like since 1986, but anyway back to the real world

i just want to put a roadway into my flaming model

can some one please help me

i dont want much all i want is for the road to sit in my model and where the road is higher than the terrain for it to fill in the gaps and where the road is lower than the terrain for it to make a cut out

FIRST

is this actually possible (cos i dont think it is)

i have been struggling with this program since day one and i just cant take any more

the randomness is to much

i have been trying to create two models one with existing terrain and one with proposed (and dont tell me that it does this in one model because if your overlaying site-modifiers it doesnt)

i read today that i need to go through the model set up and create standard viewports to be able to create the model ... i did this and it worked

do i need to do the same to insert nurbs roadways

please please help

this program so they tell me is 'intuitive'

RANDOM AND TEMPERAMENTAL if you ask me

am i alone here

Robert

I am thankful that Canada has gone metric, I would go nuts reading depth 156'1.193" or X -325'3.316". I doubt any roads are laid out in inches even in the USA.

Something looks wrong with your station data along the roadway & must be fun trying to construct your road under water (minus contours). Also stations should show perpendicular to the centre of the roadway & in the direction of increasing chainage.

Would you post another screen shot showing the roadway modifying the existing contours, I am still depending HighRoad to do this with my designs.

hi robert

yes that is exactly what i am looking for .... but i do not have landmark only architect

is this possible in architect

why can i do what i want with a straight road but not a nurbs road

i make the nurbs road , create it with a pad and a fence but the pad does not cut into the model

this is so frustrating ... i have actually been stuck on this for about two months now

please help me

alan