How do I make an image prop?

Scupper

I've used the model/create image prop command to make an image prop of a tif image I made in Photoshop with a transparent background and then made into a VW texture, but it shows as a grey rectangle around the image when I render it in Open GL.

The help menu is very technical and assumes you already understand this stuff, - but I don't know what I'm doing with transparency masks, shaders etc. Can someone please explain it in simple English or direct me somewhere where someone's already explained it (I have searched this forum but found no answer to this question).

Any help very much appreciated.

Hi Dave,

You prompted me to do a bit more experimenting and I got there by myself in the end. I needed to choose 'Use mask' and 'transparent color', sliding the sliders so I got a white image with a black background on the mask panel thingy. I may or may not have managed to attach the successful file to this post.

I still don't exactly understand what I've done in terms of colours and masks but I'm happy that I've got the result I wanted and should be able to repeat it with other plants.

Thanks for your interest in my question.