trouble with the seating layout tool in vectorworks 12.5

cebadec

I'm attempting to place a seating layout in a design for my Scene Design Class and I can't get it to do what I want. It is supposed to be 2 rows facing the top of the screen (for orientation purposes) and like 13 ish columns...instead it puts it in as 13 rows and 3 columns facing either right or left (depending on where I start the layout path. Do I just need to do it by individual seat? Or is there something wrong with the way I'm setting up the layout? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

• 2 months later...

I have been experiencing the same problem as well. When I reshape the seating polygon or move the focus point even a tiny amount, the entire seating array changes the direction of focus, jumps the seats forward or back in relation to the risers, and as a result looses or gains seats, that may or may not be within the polygon. There is not much direction about how to chose the focus point in the layout; it does not, for example, seem to be at the mid-point of the overall width of the polygon. It would be an improvement if it were possible to at least lock the direction of focus. My "fix" is to get it close, then to rotate the entire array until it aligns with the seating risers. Clumsy, but it works. Maybe there is a secret in object info.? Brian