Found a possible link with slow VW13 and GeForce 7600 card

A couple of weeks ago I swapped out my Geforce 7600 video card for an old raedon and this provided a slight improvement in VW performance but was still unacceptable in that it took way to long for the OIP to populate with data the first time anything was selected.

After seeing how riduculous this whole situation has become with no real answers I decided to perform an autopsy on my computer over the weekend.

I found that my mother board had a 24 pin power socket and the power supply was only using a 20 pin plug. After digging around through all the wires there was to my suprise a 4 pin socket comming from the power supply made to fit with the 20 pin to fill the 24 pin socket....so throwing caution to the wind I plugged the 20 and 4 pin plug into the socket put back in my Geforce 7600 card and cranked up the machine.

No sparks or puffs of smoke and everthing works fine. VW13 is running the way it is supposed too. The slowest objects to populate the OIP are WinDoor's and they only take around 3 to 4 seconds.

Thought this info might help others out there who are have trouble with VW 13 and Geforce 7600 NVIDIA cards.

Pete A.