tool palettes

No this is not possible. However, I would have to ask what your goal is. I say that because you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the tools in a palette, including the function keys, and using the keyboard shortcut will activate the tool even if the palette is closed.

You can also create a "tool set" that groups many palettes together in a neat icon, text, or icon and text grouping. To open a paletter, youwould have to click on the related icon in the tool set. Doing so would not take up any additional screen realstate, assuming that the tool set is already open. In other words, the palette will take the place of a palette that is already open.

Fair enough. The tool palettes may, however & notwithstanding, be just what you need: you can customise them, remove them, make your own etc. to your heart's content. It's a different user interface, but it is a different program. If the other one worked for you, why not stick with it?

EDIT

There are 653 items in the Standard Issue of VW Designer Plug-ins folder (tools, commands, objects). The core program might have 100+ functions. I'd hate to be in charge of keyboard shortcuts for 700+ items.

Edited by Petri