VW12.5.2 Colors on Color Pallete Select Tool Set Pallete Tools

Tom4

When I select certain colors in the color pallete the color changes but, the active tool also changes from the one that I have selected to one of the tool set pallete tools. Certain colors select the same tool each time ie: an Indigo will select the center mark tool. This happening on other machines but, different colors select different tools. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Tom,

That's strange.

Have you tried changing workspaces to see if it persists in another workspace?

Did you install from the installation disk (on both computers), or was the install imaged?

Katie: Sorry I was in a meeting then at lunch. I tried changing the workspace with the oldest one I had, it changed the sequence of the commands. The verions were installed from a disk for 12.5.0 and updated to 12.5.2 from the updates on your web site.

Katie: We just noticed that what it is doing is selecting the tool that resides under where the color pallete is opening on the desktop. That is the pallete color indigo is on top of unconstrained dimesion tool so when you select that color it also selects what is under it which is the dimesion tool in this case. Is there a way to move the pop up location of this color pallete?

I was just about to ask if you had overlapping palettes, Tom. YOu should be able to just drag the attributes palette around. Check that it isn't docked or something, too. Actually, if you have a big enough screen, you can dock the Attributes palette in between your Basic tools and the Toolsets palettes and life is good.

Cris Dopher

Edited by Cris Dopher

Cris: Thanks but my palletes are docked and my constraints and attribute palletes are located on top of my basic tool pallete at the bottom I can drag and drop those but I can't move the actual color pallete with the color squares on it. do you know how to change the location where this pops up?

Cris: Is this what you were saying and I miss understood? To solve the problem I moved the attribute pallete off off my Basic Tool pallete and that allows me to change colors without changing tools but, I would still like to have it on top of the bottom of the Basic Tool pallete so it is not taking up more of my workspace. Thanks for your sugestions and help.