Creating a viewport inside a design layer

Hugo

Is it posible to create a viewport inside a design layer, not a sheet layer?

I want to draw the elevations of a bathroom, and I need to rotate the plan four times to complete my work. I could make a symbol from the plant and rotate the symbol, but I would like to keep my plant as a "normal drawing". I would like to see all changes instantly in the viewport so I could update my elevations easily.

Thank you.

Is it posible to create a viewport inside a design layer, not a sheet layer?

I want to draw the elevations of a bathroom, and I need to rotate the plan four times to complete my work. I could make a symbol from the plant and rotate the symbol, but I would like to keep my plant as a "normal drawing". I would like to see all changes instantly in the viewport so I could update my elevations easily.

Thank you.

Sounds like a job for VW2008. With the new design layer viewports AND rotatable plan view, this would be a breeze.

V-G.

VW 2008 Design Series has Design Layer Viewports (croppable and manageable) which can be used for this.

VW 2008 Fundamentals has Layer Links (croppable only) which can be used for this.

In earlier versions you can still use Layer Links for this ( the main difference is they can't be cropped).

- Create the first one bringing the source layers you need into a blank destination layer.

- Select All and unlock the source layer linked 'virtual' copies.

- Select All and Group to make the 'virtual' copy one entity.

- Duplicate and rotate these 'virtual' copies as you need.

- Draw a white filled mask (black if you are using a black screen) over the portions you don't want to see.

- Create a new blank Layer above the Layer Links layer.

- Make both of these Layers visible with the Layer Options set to Show/Snap Other.

- Draw away.

The process is far easier with Design Layer Viewports in the VW2008 Design Series. In the Design Series you can also place Section Viewports within the plan so that you can create the internal elevations from your 3D model. For more information on this look at these movies:

- Live Sections http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=12movies

- How can I use Section Viewports to create live sections and interior elevations? http://kbase.nemetschek.net/index.php?ToDo=view&questId=73&catId=19