vectorworks crashing on me

I seem to be having some full on issues with my vectorworks.

HP dv6000 Laptop with

Intel core 2 cpu with T5500 1.67Ghz

2Gb ddr2 ram

Nvidia go7400 256mb (128 dedicated 128 integrated)

Windows Vista Home Premium

Vectorworks 12.5.2

Last week it would crash on me within the first 3 or 4 minutes of openings when I went to do anything with some 3d imagery ? very simple stuff, not large files either, just starting the files up for a uni project, and it kept crashing on me. So I couldn?t do 3d at all which was frustrating enough. And yet it worked fine on anything that was 2d. I have done 3d in the past with no problems, big files too.

When I say crash I mean this: it stops responding out of the blue, so that you can still move your pointer around, and open into other programs and all that, but when you sit your pointer over an icon it wont let you select anything, eventually it states ?vectorworks is not responding? and puts up the loading icon (vistas circle) ? I left it on one night to see if anything happened and it kept doing it all night ? in other words it will never respond, its crashed.

Well now it wont even open at all, as of Wednesday night it just stopped opening ? it tries to start up and then I get this message:

Vectorworks Application has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the program

- check online for a solution and then close the program

- close the program

View problem details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: VECTOR~1.EXE

Application Version: 12.5.2.5505

Application Timestamp: 4654d31b

Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts

Fault Module Version: 7.2.0.240

Fault Module Timestamp: 4684a825

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 001004f5

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 720c

Additional Information 2: 87abfdde4e44868a2d32f6948e899598

Additional Information 3: 072c

Additional Information 4: a4dad178cb668e0ad64c9732c853becf

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

It says its a quicktime fault and I recall having some initial issues with it crashing a few months ago when i first got it and it turned out to be a quicktime thing, so I installed the latest quicktime and that fixed that. I have since tried that again to no avail?? I have uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled different versions etc - nup!

I thought maybe it was an issue with the graphics card driver? But I have updated that too ? from both the nvidia driver website, and the hp website and the vista updating driver thing ? I have even uninstalled the driver and reinstalled ? nothing. I have done system restores from earlier points and that hasn?t done anything.

Something appears to be not compatible ? I?m assuming it?s a mix between vista, nvidia, and vectorworks.

I have up to date antivirus software and adware remover ? so I?m positively sure its not a virus of any sort.

Any solutions?

Anyone with the same issues?

Cheers

Matt

further, I have uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled it. i have installed different versions, i have uninstalled vectorworks and reinstalled it using the quicktime from the cd after uninstalling that!

That has got my Vw back - but its back to the original problem, it crashes really quick on me, like within a few minutes of starting up. So it hasn't solved anything.

:(