knob height

Heather,

Simply put yes....for doors only and not for drawers. You must know the location or distance from the bottom of the cabinet where you will need to position your knobs. This can be acomplished through trial and error. Select the cabinet you wish to re-position the knobs and you find at the bottom of the OIP a field entry for door handle (politically correct convention) position. The door knob will alway default to the center of the strike side door stile from left to right...the vertical or in the case of 3D the "Z" position is definable.

Islandmon...I never figured you for a professional handle height inspector. Hmmmmm.

Pete

What an interesting/self rewarding job that would be. Well, maybe not.

I think I got the cabinet thing down. Could you tell me how to change the height of a knob on a door also? I noticed that the knob itself was a symbol? Can I change the "Z" height in the knob symbol itself? If so how would I go about doing that?

Edited by Heather S

Heather,

That one is a little tougher...but doable. The door knobs for exterior and interior doors are brought into the OIP from a library drawing located with your VW program files (this is a default library available when show defaults is selected in the preferences). The location to mine is C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 12.0.1\Libraries\Defaults\Door - Hardware\DoorHardware.mcd. Here you can locate the hybrid symbol(using the resource browser with the library mcd file active) you wish to use and edit the 3D component and change the height through the OIP. Be warned however, that this will edit all occurences of this symbol in the project. So if you are to only need to set the height of one set of knobs duplicate the symbol in the library file change the name and edit the symbols height.

Pete