Plant Lists has extra row which cannot be deleted

cdavis

When I create a Plant List Basic Report or Plant List Simple Report it places an additional row with ID, QTY, Common and other labels with are also at the top of the column. This extra row cannot be deleted without deleting all of the rows. How do I eliminate this extra row? How can I create my own custom list configuration and save it for use in my drawings? I have VW 2008 on XP.

Creating custom plant lists takes a little getting used to.

If you look at the database header (the one you probably just turned off per the above post), the input box has something like =plant.ID or something like that.

This references the objects with plant data attached and the field to be displayed in that specific column.

I find it's easier to edit a worksheet than create one from scratch, but that's up to you.

If you choose to edit one, simply change the ID field (for example) to some other field you'd like to populate in that specific column.

If you want to add fields to the worksheet, add a new column, and paste (or manually type) the =plant."ID" (or some other header) in the database row & new column cell. Set the ID part to the desired field.

The names of the fields are just as you see them in the plant database. If there's a space, I think you have to add an underscore in lieu of the space. It may be a period, though, now that I think about it. (I'll get back on this little detail).

From here, you can reuse this worksheet in other projects by importing it to those projects via the Resource Browser. If you have 2008, you can also push the worksheet out to a templates file or library file.