door & window schedules

Kurt Magness

vwks 12.5.1 Ok so I have some door with transoms and some windows with transoms. I want to show this on the door and window schedules in a consistent way. So as it is, in the object info for a window the transom is included in the overall height of the window. For a door height the transom is not. So it is confusing when the schedules calculates the overall heights. The only saving grace is the rough opening field for both doors and windows shows the true height plus a shim factor which is 2" for doors and 1/2" for windows. So I figured out how to make a column for transoms in the vwks door schedule using the formula =(door.transom). This is like the one that is provided in the window schedule. But how do I show the height of the transom ? Using the formula =(door.spring) I can get the height to show up but it shows for every door even if it has no transom. Is there a way to combine formulas something like =(door.transon.spring) or such ? Or conversely can you change the default height to include the transom like the window are? Also back to the RO calcs where can you change the default 2" for doors and 1/2" for windows? These should be consistent should they not ?

Edited by Kurt Magness