workgroup referening & section viewports

Heather S

I a bit new to section viewports, so please be patent with me. I have created a 3d model floor plan. I would now like to workgroup reference that floor plan to another file and create some interior elevetion. But I would like my section elevation markers in the original file that the floor plan is on. Can I do this?

Jeffrey,

Wrong answer. Obviously you did not understand the question.

If this can't be done, tell us so. Then one can change the workflow accordingly. Now, you seem to suggest that WGR is completely useless and one has to put the horse in front of the carriage. Fair enough, too. Just explain how WGR can be used efficiently in the situation in question. If not, tell that, too.

Petri,

With all due respect, I wish to answer his question in my way, by getting more information about his workflow and what he aims to acheive. I didn't give an answer, thus I didn't give a wrong answer. I did understand the question, but I would like to understand more before leading him down a path.

If you care to, answer his question as you would, it is an open forum. But don't get in my way while I am trying to help one of our customers. Your tone (and false assumption/conjecture) is not constructive, especially to less experienced users.

Jeffrey,

At our office we typically put the section elevation markers in the floor plan. Since I have more than a single person working on the drawing this forces me to have more than one file. So I have one file with the floor plan and one file with interior elevations.

Thanks for your reply.

Sincerely, Heather (not a him ;)

Petri,

Your tone (and false assumption/conjecture) is not constructive, especially to less experienced users.

You're right. It wasn't. Was yours?

Despite your "conjcture" or lack of one, you asked "Why not create the interior elevations in the same file?" which implies a procedure. The operative expression "why not" means that the user is stupid and does know how to use the software.

Should you have wanted "to understand more before leading him down a path", you would have written/asked "Can you create the interior elevations in the same file?" or something like that, instead of taking the Sherman Tank approach.

But then again, what do I know: English is only my third language. I just found your expression utterly patronising and anything but constructive.

Edited by Petri