Workin on a section

Hi, another question from a novice. I am working on a kitchen drawing as a dummy file for practice. How do I work on the far side of the kitchen without having to see through the nearside objects which confuse the image. In other words how can I place myself in the middle of the space to give an unconfused working view. I have tried editing the viewport in annotation mode but it does not work that way round ie wont edit and therefore update the design layer. ( I did not expct this to work as it seemed against the concept of the prog)

I am sure there is a way as this is a simple kitchen let alone an office block so your advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

David

Twickenhaman,

I don't know if you will return to this post, but I have some additional advice. Gytis' advice and idea about using classes is good. You can also use section viewports looking at each side of the simple Kitchen and limiting the view to section line length, the height of the ceiling, and depth to the fac/center of the wall behind. (Section Viewport>Advanced properties).

This way each wall view has it's own viewport, which can be annotated on the kitchen elevations sheet. e.g. - Title the components, point out the drawer & Door sizes, etc.

Also - if you have an Island, the section viewport(s), passing along the desired elevation side and limited to the depth of the island plus 1" can be shown without background walls creating visual distraction.

And yes, you can use classes to show/hide items to further expand your creative options.