T wall join

I have always had trouble getting walls to butt into other walls and look right. Often, and unpredictably, there would be a line showing where there should be none.

Then today I had an AHA! moment.

What I'm often doing is joining walls with a fill, say a shade of gray. What I'm seeing is the wall lines of the "top of the 't' " continuing through.

What I've found is that the tool is not really joining the walls. It is causing the fill of one wall to move across the wall line of the other. If the wall with the extended fill is behind the other, you see the wall line you should not see. Making it look right is a matter of sending the correct wall to the back.

If you try changing the front to back relative position of any two walls joined with this tool, you'll see what I mean.

Regards,

Donald

PS. Would be neat if the key that selects a tool were displayed in the mode bar to the right. Might be especially helpful for newbies.

Donald, if I do a T join (uncapped mode) and remove the wall that butts into the other wall, there is a gap in the wall line where the joint existed that can only be removed using the "Remove Wall Breaks" tool. You must be doing something differently.

If you do a T join in capped mode, then attempt to do a cavity join in uncapped mode, you will observe something like the effect you describe. Try the different operations, and remove the "butting" wall to see what effect you've had on the crossing wall.